International hotel brand seeks Housekeeping Manager in the heart of what Money Magazine and Lonely Planet have recently dubbed "America's Coolest Neighborhood".
Lawrenceville is at the heart of Pittsburgh's renaissance and is known as haven and destination for artists, local shops, and the some of the most innovative restaurants on Pittsburgh's flourishing culinary scene.
The boutique hotel will house a new restaurant in timeless venue with a simple straightforward contemporary menu with an upscale wine program, a barista and wine retail shop, and a second restaurant/bar located on the rooftop featuring vibrant bar program with plates to share and focused on clean, simple, local ingredients.
The hotel brand caters to business and leisure travelers in cosmopolitan cities including Madrid and Barcelona in Spain; Paris, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Brisbane, Australia and New York City, U.S
Directs institutional housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Maintains room quality based on hotel, and Franchise objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and trains standards and procedures for cleaning and safe working conditions in the housekeeping department.
- Works to ensure high scores for cleanliness and other housekeeping related items on all Franchise inspections.
- Develops and maintains a deep cleaning schedule.
- Inspects or delegates inspections of all guests rooms cleaned by room attendants.
- Develops an inspection program for all-public areas and guestrooms to ensure that proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Ensures final inspection of al housekeeping-related work. Initiates new procedures to increases efficiency of labor and safe chemical and equipment use.
- Keeps abreast of advances in the Housekeeping field and works to improve methods and productivity.
- Reviews guest comment cards and complaint letters and takes action.
- Follows-up and maintains compliance with all Franchise, Safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, and reports.
- Ensures compliance with key control procedures as they relate to the Housekeeping department.
- Ensures that any and all storage areas are kept secure at all times.
- Maintains first aid kit supplies for use by employees within the Housekeeping department.
- Directs and leads the department in the writing of work orders and works closely with the Chief Engineer to ensure the success of the hotel’s preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures all housekeeping and laundry equipment is maintained in working order.
- Recommends ideas and follows through with renovating, refurbishing, and decorating guestrooms.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return of guest lost and found items.
- Assists the General Manager in the development of the department’s annual budget.
- Monitors performance against plan. Performs housekeeping, laundry, and/or house person functions whenever necessary.
- Completes MOD responsibilities as required.
- Communicates regularly with the Director of Rooms as to all housekeeping and/or related activities.
- Communicates and ensures follow-through on guest requests and/or complaints.
- Completes daily housekeeping paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assists the Director of Rooms and other department managers in the solution of guest-related improvements as they pertain to the housekeeping department.
- Communicates with the other department heads to provide the necessary information flow for the smooth operation of the hotel.
- Communicates the discrepancies in room status, and ensures that corrective action is taken.
- Complies and reports accurate room status to Front Desk.
- Reports immediately any and all unusual activity, behavior, and appearances to the General Manager. Assists Management with any and all internal investigations.
- Assures complete communication within departments for all staff members.
- Conducts regular Housekeeping department meetings.
- Provides modified work duty for all employees recovering from work related injuries.
- Maintains sufficient supplies and materials for department operations, while maintaining inventory levels and cost control.
- Orders, receives, and verifies shipments of supplies and/or any other department items based on quantity and price.
- Maintains working relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure effective quality products and service.
- Inventories all guestrooms, housekeeping closets, or other areas including the housekeeping office and laundry room for furniture, linens, literature, accessories, supplies, and equipment, and/or any other items.
- Report all accidents and incidents to management immediately.
- Responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Century Hospitality is an affiliate of Century Equities whose primary focus is on hospitality development and management. Our team brings together a combination of 50 years of Hospitality experience with nearly 30 years of real estate investment experience (through Century Equities), positioning us to become a leading regional hospitality management company.
Century Hospitality currently owns and manages multiple properties and brands in Ohio and West Virginia, and is actively pursuing projects in western Pennsylvania. Our objective is to offer the finest in management services to hotels in the Tri-State region. We have a proven track record of developing the highest quality hotel properties that deliver operational excellence and a superior guest experience. We achieve this by providing the personal attention that each property requires to operate exceptionally over a sustained period. We will maintain a balanced portfolio focused on strong bottom line profits coupled with the highest levels of guest, associate and investor satisfaction.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)