International hotel brand seeks Restaurant Manager in the heart of what Money Magazine and Lonely Planet have recently dubbed "America's Coolest Neighborhood".
Lawrenceville is at the heart of Pittsburgh's renaissance and is known as haven and destination for artists, local shops, and the some of the most innovative restaurants on Pittsburgh's flourishing culinary scene.
The boutique hotel will house a new restaurant in timeless venue with a simple straightforward contemporary menu with an upscale wine program, a barista and wine retail shop, and a second restaurant/bar located on the rooftop featuring vibrant bar program with plates to share and focused on clean, simple, local ingredients.
The hotel brand caters to business and leisure travelers in cosmopolitan cities including Madrid and Barcelona in Spain; Paris, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Brisbane, Australia and New York City, U.S
The restaurant manager’s main function is to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous, correct service. The manager is accountable for sales and profit in his/her area.
- Actively support all guest satisfaction
- Assist in identifying and implementing a successful marketing plan for assigned
- Assume responsibility of daily operation of all assigned
- Assist in working toward positive financial
- Assist in ensuring that scheduling functions are performed accurately and on a timely
- Assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well-trained
- Ordering, Distribution, and Inventory of all goods.
- Open and close shift in accordance with Food and Beverage Director’s checklist.
- Initiate aggressive guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests.
- Train, maintain and enforce all TRYP service standards using use records, menus and appropriate reference materials.
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift.
- Handle daily employee relations (e.g., scheduling, time adjustments).
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
- Gather and implement all proper tools for running shift, (e.g., schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
- Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings or any other daily problems that may arise.
- During shift, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, communication with kitchen and by striving to interact to all guests.
- Be on the floor during entire meal period and ensure adequate coverage.
- Conduct taste panels and menu classes daily for restaurant.
- Ensure that only a quality product is being served.
- Monitor hours and staffing daily, for restaurant, with accurate scheduling in line forecast and budget guidelines.
- Ensure all side work is done on daily basis.
- Maintain proper employee uniform standards.
- Manage an effective repair and maintenance program by using work orders, inspections, etc.
- Assist employees in his/her job performance, when required, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Understand and teach empowerment principles to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Exercise station rotation to ensure stations are distributed fairly.
- Implement an effective training program for new and current employees using use records, menus and appropriate reference manuals.
- Encourage problem solving by associates through proper training and empowerment.
- Establish effective communication with employees to gain their trust and respect.
- Maintain fair and consistent counseling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Century Hospitality’s Human Resource policies.
- Demonstrate positive inter-departmental relations.
- Attend all restaurant, hotel, and culinary meetings.
- Communicate directly, and/or by using the daily shift recap log.
- Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas and methods of operation.
- Implement and follow through on all bookings of restaurant parties and room service hospitality suites and effectively communicate to all leaders.
- Assist in the development and execution of the marketing plan of assigned outlets.
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two years food service or related hospitality management experience.
- Written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Able to work with teams.
- Basic technical knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Demonstrated hospitality skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that, at all times, it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Century Hospitality is an affiliate of Century Equities whose primary focus is on hospitality development and management. Our team brings together a combination of 50 years of Hospitality experience with nearly 30 years of real estate investment experience (through Century Equities), positioning us to become a leading regional hospitality management company.
Century Hospitality currently owns and manages multiple properties and brands in Ohio and West Virginia, and is actively pursuing projects in western Pennsylvania. Our objective is to offer the finest in management services to hotels in the Tri-State region. We have a proven track record of developing the highest quality hotel properties that deliver operational excellence and a superior guest experience. We achieve this by providing the personal attention that each property requires to operate exceptionally over a sustained period. We will maintain a balanced portfolio focused on strong bottom line profits coupled with the highest levels of guest, associate and investor satisfaction.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)