International hotel brand seeks Sous Chef in the heart of what Money Magazine and Lonely Planet have recently dubbed "America's Coolest Neighborhood".
Lawrenceville is at the heart of Pittsburgh's renaissance and is known as haven and destination for artists, local shops, and the some of the most innovative restaurants on Pittsburgh's flourishing culinary scene.
The boutique hotel will house a new restaurant in timeless venue with a simple straightforward contemporary menu with an upscale wine program, a barista and wine retail shop, and a second restaurant/bar located on the rooftop featuring vibrant bar program with plates to share and focused on clean, simple, local ingredients.
The hotel brand caters to business and leisure travelers in cosmopolitan cities including Madrid and Barcelona in Spain; Paris, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Brisbane, Australia and New York City, U.S.
To oversee the Culinary team in the absence of the Executive Chef. Organize and execute all food and beverage related tasks. Assist the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director with ordering, inventory, scheduling, production, training, controlling costs and any additional tasks related to Food and Beverage.
- Punch in, in uniform, and report to the office by the scheduled time.
- Assist Executive Food and Beverage team with ordering, maintaining approved par levels and inventory.
- Address all guests by name.
- Represent the hotel in contacts with general public.
- Respond personally, or by phone, to in-house, departed or potential guest as necessary.
- Maintain responsibility for guest and employee safety and security.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image of the hotel to achieve objective, public recognition and acceptance.
- Be consistently alert for newer methods, techniques, equipment, and material that will improve the efficiency and quality of the department. Make appropriate recommendations
- Must understand ‘TEAMWORK,’ not “that’s not my job,” or “we don’t have enough time.”
- Be able to hold casual conversations with all guests in a comfortable manner.
- Nurture the team and teamwork concept.
- Must have a “whatever it takes” outlook for guests, fellow employees, and other departments.
- Maintain complete knowledge of daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, & expected guests.
- Location of all hotel function spaces.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- All safety guidelines.
- Handle and transport all equipment carefully to prevent injuries and damage; use equipment only as intended.
- Review assignment sheets with Executive Chef; update completed assignments. Check with Executive Chef throughout shift for additional assignments.
- Organize work duty priorities.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Turn over any lost and found items to Front Desk Manager and/or Manager on Duty.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Promote positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs. Be thoroughly familiar with the location of all function rooms and related.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Ability to adapt to priority changes of workflow or requirements.
- Ability to perform job functions with little to no supervision.
- Ability to operate and remain extremely alert while operating designated equipment, machinery and tools.
- Ability to exert physical effort in all aspects of food service.
- Ability to endure physical movements in performing job functions.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work area.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Must have cooking experience as well as held a leadership position in a kitchen previously.
- Must be able to work from written materials and receive directions/instructions verbally.
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate the needs of the kitchen to the cooks to ensure efficient production and service.
- Must be able to order produce, meats, and pars for dry and freezer storage.
- Must be able to write daily production sheets or produce daily features that utilizes product and is priced according to budgeted cost of goods.
- Must have open availability for food and beverage operating hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must have extensive knowledge of menu and preparation.
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that, at all times, it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Century Hospitality is an affiliate of Century Equities whose primary focus is on hospitality development and management. Our team brings together a combination of 50 years of Hospitality experience with nearly 30 years of real estate investment experience (through Century Equities), positioning us to become a leading regional hospitality management company.
Century Hospitality currently owns and manages multiple properties and brands in Ohio and West Virginia, and is actively pursuing projects in western Pennsylvania. Our objective is to offer the finest in management services to hotels in the Tri-State region. We have a proven track record of developing the highest quality hotel properties that deliver operational excellence and a superior guest experience. We achieve this by providing the personal attention that each property requires to operate exceptionally over a sustained period. We will maintain a balanced portfolio focused on strong bottom line profits coupled with the highest levels of guest, associate and investor satisfaction.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)